Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hello

The trip to the MNCs are just a few days away and my excitement is growing. Before I start other posts for this learning log, I shall introduce myself first.

My name is Timothy Loe from class 2A3. I am 13 currently and will be turning 14 in a month's time. Many may just feel that they are just any other boy in Singapore but to me, everyone is different. I live on the motto "Nothing is impossible" as sometimes, although you may feel that you are stuck in a corner, there will always be a way out in life and you will very soon be able to see the light again. For example, just like in a test, if for that particular term, I failed to do well, I would tell myself to strive even harder and achieve better grades next term.

My favourite quotation is "What are words if you really don't mean them when you say them." This is because although everyone says things but some people say and just forget and ignore the rest of the things so what's is the point of saying it in the first place.

Currently, what I like to do would be to watch television programmes. I watch any kind of shows from catoons to documentaries and even dramas. My favourite television programme is called iCarly. iCarly is a comedy show involving teenagers and it is a great way for people to relax. For my favourite movie, I don't exactly have one but I watch mainly comedies and it is a good way to destress and have a good laugh.

In addition to all my hobbies, I want to also share some of my goals and aspirations. I aspire to be a doctor in the future. This is because I feel that doctors play a very important role in everybody's lives as they help the sick. Everyone will get sick one day and it is the doctors who are there to help and save the lives of the people. With this ambition, there are also concerns. One concern is that I am scared that with all the work, coping would be very tough and it may affect me. However, with the thought of being able to help others in the future, I am willing to work very hard.

Other than that, as Hwa Chong places a lot of emphasis on projects and has this project's competition every year, I would like to talk about one of my project entitled "Effect of pH on antioxidant capacity". This project got my group into the finals. At the start, I could barely understand how things were working and so I had to do a lot of research.However, after a while, it seemed quite easy. This project was done because it is said that alkaline water helps antioxidants function better to counter the free radicals in the body. We then moved on to experimenting using different types of antioxidants and also varying the pH as we went on. This project was one of my best ones as this project allowed me to expose myself more in terms of science and experimental research.

Lastly, I would like to say that the future for everyone, including me, is full of uncertainties but I look forward and will face everything in my path and conquer it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment