Thursday, November 17, 2011

Qioptiq



Two days ago, cluster B, including me visited Qioptiq. The trip started with a simple introduction by Mr Ronian Siew, a representative of the company. For Qioptiq, as I was not asked to do a pre-learning log for this company, I had done a little bit of reading beforehand so as to allow myself not to get so lost during the visit. After the introduction, Mr Siew talked a bit about himself and then as time had permitted, questions were asked we had an informal Q & A session. After that, we had the tour where we visited the plant. The plant had been interesting and I was really very impressed. After the tour, we went back to the room and then had a short presentation by Mr Siew about himself. We then ended off the session with a Q & A session and a very brief talk about a product that Mr Siew designed.

From this trip, I have learnt that all of this plants place a lot of emphasis on cleanliness and the standards are excellent and there are very little dust around. Also, safety is also very important as the workers all have safety precautions to follow. Everyone has to do their part to be safe therefore following all that is needed to follow. In addition, I was really impressed as the plant in Qioptiq is very big and there were many products and I really hadn't knew that just based on lens, there is so much to learn. This was really a great experience for me as it is something that I rarely get and I will appreciate it.

After listening to Mr Siew, if I am around 40 years of age, I think my life story will be one must grab the opportunity you have whether making a choice of your wife, your studies and even your job. Opportunities do not come easy and so take whatever you can get. However, the priority is that you like it. This like is very important as if you hate this job, and yet you take it. You will never achieve anything as you will always dislike this job. You will then never be happy and regret. Another thing is to never give up. Sometimes, you may face rejections but this is all part and parcel of life. Failure is the mother of success. Never give up and one day, you will achieve whatever that you want to achieve.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, Timothy. You're right - Grab opportunities that you like! Of course, sometimes, it's hard to tell whether you'll really like it or not. Sometimes we only find out after making the decision. That's life, and it's okay to find out in the end that you really hate something after experiencing it.

    ReplyDelete