Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pre-Learning Journey Reading and Reflection

The two companies that I have been assigned to are Makino and GSK.




So, starting with Makino, how do I see myself connected with what it does. At first, I hadn't even heard about this company before and so I had to do more research. On their official website, the thing that caught my eye first was this line of words, "Makino is where new thinking takes shape in machine tools, machining technologies, engineering services, processes, and applications." This line already told me a lot as people like us, just see the final product but the process in between is always just forgotten. However, the process is always as important as the result. Just like life, you must undergo the process to get the result, if you live life happily and to the fullest, you will reap the benefits in the end. This is just like what I do in the case that I think a lot before i make a decision. This is because thinking through will allow me to make a better decision.  Makino is just like the brains because they make news things everytime going from different directions so, being a teenager, we also use a lot of this technologies that all the brains come up with and therefore, this is how I see myself connected with what Makino does.

Next, for GSK. GSK stands for GlaxoSmithCline and is one of the world's largest research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. They are committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK is connected with what I do in the sense that everyone gets ill, so when one gets ill, he will need medicine to recover. Where do the medicine come from? GSK may not manufacture the tablets however, they also are involved one way or another. Therefore, I see myself connected with what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment